Click to open/close the items below:
Persons with Disabilities (PWD)
Eligibility for “Persons with Disabilities” (PWD) status is determined by the provincial government and provide additional funds to address associated disability related costs and extended health care benefits. Applicants who are experiencing a condition/s that severely impacts their ability to do their daily living activities and/or need assistive devices or assistive animal to perform their daily living may be eligible for PWD. For more information watch the “Persons with Disabilities – Overview” found in the video section.
People with Persistent Multiple Barriers (PPMB)
If a person has barriers and/or medical conditions that impede or prevent a person from searching for, accepting or continuing in employment, they may qualify for People with Persistent Multiple Barriers (PPMB). This status provides additional financial support, extended medical benefits and reduces employment expectations. However, to qualify for PPMB a person must have been receiving income assistance for 12 of the last 15 months. The individual can apply during their 11th month of receiving benefits. To apply, a medical form supplied by the Ministry must be completed by a doctor confirming the medical condition/s are a barrier to employment. The Ministry worker will then complete an employment screen to determine other barriers that may restrict employment.
Remember: you have the right to appeal if you are denied PWD or PPMB status.
Canada Pension Plan Disability (CPPD)
The Canada Pension Plan Disability (CPPD) Benefit can be provided to applicants who have made enough CPP contributions but are no longer able to continue working due to a disability. CPP is provided by the federal government of Canada and contributions are made by almost all workers in Canada and outside Quebec. To qualify, the contributor must be less than 65 years of age with a prolonged and severe disability. More information on CPPD can be found here.
- Application – CPPD Application
- Application – PWD Application Sample (REFERENCE ONLY)
- Application – PWD Prescribed Class
- Form – Consent for Service Authorization
- Form – CPPD Child Rearing Provision
- Form – CPPD Consent for Doctor
- Form – CPPD Consent for Service Canada
- Form – CPPD Medical Form
- Form – CPPD Questionnaire
- Form – PPMB Employability Screen (Sample)
- Form – PPMB Medical Report (Sample)
- Forms – Consent to Disclosure of Information
Disability Fact Sheets
- Fact Sheet – Crisis Supplements
- Fact Sheet – Income Assistance Summary
- Fact Sheet – PPMB/PWD Additional Available Supplements
- Fact Sheet – PPMB/PWD Application on My Self Serve
- Fact Sheet – PPMB/PWD Asset Limits
- Fact Sheet – PPMB/PWD Diet Supplements
- Fact Sheet – PPMB/PWD Request for Reconsideration
- Fact Sheet – PWD Annual Earning Exemption
- Fact Sheet – PWD Monthly Nutritional Supplement
- Fact Sheet – PWD Summary
- Fact Sheet – PWD Trusts and Benefits
For detailed information on the three benefits, please click the links below.
Can’t find what you are looking for?
Please complete the form below to email us with your question.