Other Income Supports


This page is dedicated to provide information on Federal Public Pension (Canada Pension Plan and Old Age Security) and the Sources Rent Bank. There are easy to navigate Frequently Asked Questions and answers for each program to help you better understand these income support programs.

Canada Pension Plan FAQs

Old Age Security & Related BEnefits FAQs

You become entitled to an Old Age Security (OAS) pension by living in Canada for at least 10 years after the age of 18. The OAS pension starts at the age of 65 and are paid from the general Government of Canada funds. (no contributions needed)

To receive a CPP retirement pension, you must have worked and made contributions to the Canada Pension Plan. Both you and your employer make equal contributions. If you are self-employed, you pay both portions. The CPP retirement pension can start as early as 60 or as late as 70.

Sources Rent Bank FAQS

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Please complete the form below to email us with your question.